Job Posting: Field Service Supervisors
BlueFin, a GATE Energy company based in New Iberia, LA, is seeking qualified field Service Supervisors for their Pipeline and Process Division. We are interested in professionals to lead our operations, which spans the gulf coast corridor and includes the eastern portion of the US. BlueFin’s services include hydrostatic testing, pigging, drying, cleaning, N2 services, leak testing, controlled bolting and field machining.
If qualified, please apply in person at 2917 Oliva Road, New Iberia, LA, 70560. You may also request an electronic application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, contact information, and email address.
The Field Supervisor is primarily responsible for assisting in job planning and preparation, coordination of equipment selection and mobilization, procedure execution, accountable for crew and all activities on the work site, client interface, and clear communication with project management team. In addition they are responsible for coaching, teaching and training employees on their respective jobs in safe, productive and environmentally safe work practices.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Lead team with preparation and running of equipment for pipeline operations
- Supervise job operations and allocate tasks to crew to ensure safe operations
- Ensure checks are carried out on all equipment for their compliance and are technically correct for the operations being carried out
- Required to work at yard and shop bases with equipment team to ensure jobs are loaded out correctly and participate in quality control and PMIT
- Clear and cooperative communication skills have to be demonstrated at all times with both the client and project team
- Participate as directed in developing and administering competency training.
- Provider leadership in all ethical issues: ensure employees are knowledgeable and have awareness of company policies and be able to report and help resolve any issues as directed by management
- Responsible for carrying out and correctly completing all job paperwork while directing projects on a daily basis, this may include but is not limited to: Daily Field Tickets, JSA’a, HAZ ID’s, Test Logs, Pumping Logs, Daily Reports
- Responsible for learning multiple BlueFin software systems with proper training.
Experience and Education
- 10 years of experience in Pipeline & Process (Include but not limited to Hydrostatic Testing, Pigging, Dewatering, Drying, N2 Purging, Controlled Bolting, Field Machining)
- High School education at a minimum
- Team Leader / supervisory experience
- Technical knowledge gained through competency training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer Skills; Basic Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Ability to Run a PV Plot, calculate pig speed, calculate water flow rates, and calculate chemical concentrations & injection rates.
- Ability to fully run, understand complexity and lead a Hydrotest job
- Problem solving capabilities
Registration, Certification, or License
- Ability to pass OQ Certified Hydro Tester
- Operational Training
- General Safety Training
- Minimum Class ‘D’ Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. minimum without assistance
- Fit for duty exam required
- Ability to work outside in demanding conditions (cold, heat, wind, rain)