Location: HQ: New Iberia, LA
Travel: Limited travel to Houston; Very limited offshore
BlueFin, a GATE Energy Company, is a leading independent service company with a suite of project execution niches and specialty equipment, covering a full range of pipeline and process, mechanical, intelligent completions, and fluid flushing and filtration services. Our clients range from Operators to General Contractors in the upstream and midstream market sectors of the oil and gas industry. BlueFin is based in New Iberia, LA.
Our Pipeline and Process segment focuses on integrity, maintenance and remediation solutions—from commissioning needs to flow assurance challenges.
GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including engineering, commissioning, field services, and operations services. As a uniquely positioned family of companies, we integrate our energy expertise with our Client's desired outcome for safe and effective project delivery.
Serve as Project Manager in the Service Department for land/offshore. Responsible for managing and overseeing projects from start to finish as assigned by the Business Group Manager or other Management. Will lead, direct, authorize all field personnel to perform their roles, responsibilities, and tasks. The Project Manager will conduct all activities with company personnel and client representatives in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner at all times and will fully support and enforce completion of work in accordance with BlueFin quality and safety standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee projects from start to finish (estimate, budget, operations, resources, personnel, equipment)
- Participate in project design review during design development and assist Engineering as required
- Manage/oversee the development of all documentation including, but not limited to, execution plans; P&ID drawings, Layout drawings; Workpacks; Equipment Specifications; Calculations, Check sheets; and Project Schedules
- Plan and oversee execution of all load-out activities including, but not limited to, procurement of equipment and material; system integration testing, transportation, internal pre-job meeting with crew, and QA/QC specific to the project
- Review job costing and charges on a daily basis
- Schedule, assign, and supervise personnel to projects and maintain effective communication
- Manage 3rd party equipment needs (PO’s, logistics, charges, etc.)
- Initiate project load out while working with Supervisor and Asset Manager
- Perform site visits, client meetings, pre-bid and bid meetings as needed
- Review and approve field crew time
- Minimum of 7 years verifiable, relative experience preferred and related to OCS
- Proven ability to manage quality, time, team, and budget on all projects
- Proven ability and knowledge to engineer/design pipeline and process related projects
- Proven ability and knowledge of related P&ID’s, ISO’s, drawings, layouts etc.
- Proven ability and knowledge of Pipeline and Process Systems
- Proven ability and knowledge of equipment used in Pipeline and Process Services
- Proven ability and knowledge in fluid dynamics, flow regimes, or other related engineering principles of pipeline and process
- Proven ability and knowledge of projects involving application, handling, and/or mixing of chemicals
- Knowledge of CFR part 192 & 195, BOEMRE, BSEE
- Knowledge of related engineering practices, techniques, and industry calculations
- College degree is preferred, but not mandatory
- Communicate effectively with co-workers both office and field related
- Ability to present technical situations with clients and industry seminars, conferences, and meetings
- Technical writing skills
- Manage client relationships
- Perform technical calculations as related to the work performed
- Well versed in industry practices, techniques, and regulations
- Comfortable overseeing projects with up to 20 people
- Mechanical knowledge of equipment and systems
- Microsoft Office Programs; Auto-CAD Solid Works; Visio
- Office setting
- Willing and able to travel to Houston (mainly) and other locations for client meetings
- Willing and able to go offshore and internationally on an as-needed basis (limited)
- Standard 8am – 5pm; Will be required to come early and stay late as needed
- Available by phone 24/7 unless scheduled PTO
Compensation: Salary w/Vehicle Allowance
Benefits: Medical Insurance Plan w/supplemental, disability, and life options (some paid fully).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume/fill in application to MarilynB@bluefingrp.com.
You can fill in the application form electronically by going to the Join Team page and scrolling to the bottom and clicking the Job Application button.
BlueFin would like to thank all applicants; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
BlueFin is an equal opportunity employer.