Location: HQ: New Iberia, LA
Travel: Shop and Field Position; Travel throughout United States from HQ
BlueFin, a GATE Energy Company, is a leading independent service company with a suite of project execution niches and specialty equipment, covering a full range of pipeline and process, mechanical, intelligent completions, and umbilical, flushing, & filtration services. Our clients range from Operators to General Contractors in the upstream and midstream market sectors of the oil and gas industry. BlueFin is based in New Iberia, LA.
Our Pipeline and Process segment focuses on integrity, maintenance, and construction related needs on pipeline locations, facility/station locations, and platforms.
GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including engineering, commissioning, field services, and operations services. As a uniquely positioned family of companies, we integrate our energy expertise with our Client's desired outcome for safe and effective project delivery.
Serve as Truck Driver within the Operations Group. Primary responsibility of the delivery and pick-up of equipment during everyday operations and will include out of state, long haul, GOM docks, etc. Secondary duties will include assisting in the shop with general labor or on a job site assisting with the field operations. Truck Driver will conduct all activities in an accountable, respectful, and professional manner at all time and will follow all traffic laws and regulations of the highways.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver and pick-up equipment and materials from customers, docks, and job locations
- Maintain proper paperwork (delivery ticket, packing lists, equipment return ticket, etc.) and turn in to office upon departure or return.
- Look over and check equipment for damages, low fuel, missing pieces, etc. upon pick-up or return of equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment on the paperwork matches the equipment loaded on the truck/trailer.
- If there are no deliveries to make, take direction from Shop Foreman working in the shop. Will assist mechanics, wash and paint equipment, clean up, etc.
- Assist in the field operations on an as needed basis. When working in the field, report directly to the Service Supervisor or Lead Service Technician.
- Valid Class A CDL combination license with air brakes, tankers, and haz-mat endorsements or ability to get those endorsements
- 2 years minimum verifiable, proven, and relative experience driving tractor trailer, 1 ton with mini float, flatbed trucks
- Knowledgeable of oil and gas service equipment including but not limited to pumps, air compressors, pneumatic equipment, baskets, light plants, and ability to operate this equipment
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum
- Communicate effectively with co-workers both office and field related
- Ability to learn new types of equipment and how it operates
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to train and develop Service Technicians
- Truck/Highway Setting; Field and shop setting as needed
- Capable of climbing on and off trucks without restriction
- Travel up to 100% through United States; staying overnight at times
- Fit for duty exam required
- Perform physical labor in hot, cold, and demanding environments
- 8am-5pm standard
- Extended and on weekends as needed (shop, highway, and field)
- On-Call unless on PTO
- Compensation: Hourly Wage with overtime as approved
- Benefits: Medical Insurance Plan w/supplemental, disability, and life options (some paid fully).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to MarilynB@bluefingrp.com or fill out an application online at https://www.bluefingrp.com/join-the-bluefin-team/
BlueFin would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
BlueFin is an equal opportunity employer.